BREAKFAST WITH JESUS

BREAKFAST WITH JESUS

A daily devotional
Pastor Stanley
19th OCTOBER 2023

IF IT IS YOUR LAST 

1 Kings 17:12 "As surely as the LORD your God lives," she replied, "I don’t have any bread —only a handful of flour in a jar and a little olive oil in a jug. I am gathering a few sticks to take home and make a meal for myself and my son, that we may eat it —and die."(NIV)

God spoke to Elijah in 1 Kings 17:8-9 Then the word of the LORD came to him: "Go at once to Zarephath in the region of Sidon and stay there. I have directed a widow there to supply you with food."

God said He had directed the widow to supply Elijah with food but when Elijah got to her she didn't have any food except her last meal for herself and her son. Which she had concluded that after eating the last meal they would die. God had a plan to multiply that last meal. But she had to give it first.

Elijah came to her and asked for food. She said I have just one meal left for myself and my son, but Elijah insisted that she prepare it for him.
1 Kings 17:13-14,16 Elijah said to her, "Don’t be afraid. Go home and do as you have said. But first make a small loaf of bread for me from what you have and bring it to me, and then make something for yourself and your son. For this is what the LORD, the God of Israel, says: ’The jar of flour will not be used up and the jug of oil will not run dry until the day the LORD sends rain on the land.’" For the jar of flour was not used up and the jug of oil did not run dry, in keeping with the word of the LORD spoken by Elijah.

Reading how Elijah insisted that she prepare the little flour and oil into bread for him before herself and her son someone would presume that Elijah was a greedy and self-centered Prophet. But he knew that unless she give it to God it could not multiply. It was her last, if she had eaten it with her son then it probably would have happened according to her own words. She and her son might have died of starvation. If it is your last give it to God. He is the only guarantee multiplier. And His returns comes fast and big.

PRAYER

Thank You Lord for the privilege to give. Thank You for always multiplying my giving. Help me to always recognize the seed I should not eat but sow. I sow when I should and receive a multiplied harvest, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE DAUGHTER OF JEZEBEL introduction

BREAKFAST WITH JESUS

THE POWER OF LOVE introduction

BREAKFAST WITH JESUS

THE POWER OF LOVE chapter 2 episode 2