BREAKFAST WITH JESUS

BREAKFAST WITH JESUS

A daily devotional
Pastor Stanley
7th AUGUST 2024

CONFIDENCE ON THE DAY OF JUDGMENT

1 John 4:17 This is how love is made complete among us so that we will have confidence on the day of judgment: In this world we are like Jesus. (NIV)

We can have confidence on the day of judgment if in this world we actually live like Jesus. The above scripture declares that in this world we are like Jesus. And that's true. But unless we manifest or live our lives today like Jesus did we would not have confidence on the day of judgment. Our boldness on that day will rest on the fact that in this world we lived as He would. 

1 John 2:6 Whoever claims to live in him must live as Jesus did.

This verse is a command. If you claim to live in Christ you must as well live as He did. We can't claim to live in Him or be like Him and not live as He lived. We have in the scriptures how Jesus lived, and untill we live like that we should not think that we will be bold on the day of judgment. 

In the book of Acts the Bible tells us how Jesus lived. 
Acts 10:38 how God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and power, and how he went around doing good and healing all who were under the power of the devil, because God was with him.

"He went around doing good," and "healing all who were under the power of the devil" doesn't mean the same thing. The doing good is not the same that he was healing those under the power of the devil. What I mean is this; apart from healing the sick and delivering people from the oppression of the devil, He actually did good. That is, He gave to the needy, strengthened the weak, encouraged the discouraged, helped and served people. All of these being an expression of His love. 

We would only have confidence on the day of judgment if we do this same things that Jesus did; we should go about doing good and healing those oppressed by the devil. It is not enough to say we were born with His life we are like Him. Living as He did is the only proof. 

Matthew 25:34-35 "Then the King will say to those on his right, ’Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in,

Matthew 25:41-42 "Then he will say to those on his left, ’Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink,

CONFESSION

I am not only born with the life of Christ but also live it. I give expression to the life of God in me to live as Jesus lived; doing good and healing those who are under the power of the devil, bringing men into the light and liberty of the sons of God, in Jesus' Name. Amen.
To sponsor print-version of BWJ kindly use this link https://selar.co/showlove/stanley

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE DAUGHTER OF JEZEBEL introduction

THE POWER OF LOVE introduction

BREAKFAST WITH JESUS

BREAKFAST WITH JESUS

THE POWER OF LOVE chapter 1 episode 3