BREAKFAST WITH JESUS

BREAKFAST WITH JESUS

A daily devotional
Pastor Stanley
9th SEPTEMBER 2024

DON'T WORRY -- TRUST GOD

Hebrews 13:5 Let your character or moral disposition be free from love of money [including greed, avarice, lust, and craving for earthly possessions] and be satisfied with your present [circumstances and with what you have]; for He [God] Himself has said, I will not in any way fail you nor give you up nor leave you without support. [I will] not, [I will] not, [I will] not in any degree leave you helpless nor forsake nor let [you] down (relax My hold on you)! [Assuredly not!] (AMP)

A craving for money destabilises a Christian. Working to earn money is not a bad thing. But living to get money is a bad thing. There are lot of people whose lives revolves only about how to get money; they have an insatiable craving for money. That only shows where their trust lies. Their trust and dependence is on money not God. 

God says to the Christian but don't love money such that it becomes your master and craving. But be content with your present circumstance and what you have. That doesn't mean that what you have cannot increase or multiply or that you shouldn't add to it. But that you should be satisfied with it and enjoy it while you keep growing and increasing it. But not everyone trust God enough to be content while He multiplies what they already have. 

Discontentment and fear leads to worry. Worry is a lack of trust in God. When you worry, first, it is because you think you can do nothing about your situation, secondly, because you don't believe God can do something about it. Whether or not anyone agrees with this second reason, it is true. Unconsciously people worry about their situation because they do not trust God to change it.

If you truly trust God to change your situation, why worry? You worry because you don't see a solution or hope ahead. But God is with you all the same. If only you will take heed to His Word. For He Himself has said, I will not in any way fail you nor give you up nor leave you without support. I will not, I will not, I will not in any degree leave you helpless nor forsake nor let you down; relax My hold on you! Assuredly not!

Trusting Him leads you into the good land He has for you and causing you to feed on His blessings, faithfulness and goodness.
Psalms 37:3 Trust (lean on, rely on, and be confident) in the Lord and do good; so shall you dwell in the land and feed surely on His faithfulness, and truly you shall be fed.

CONFESSION

Lord I refuse to put my trust in money but on You. I refuse to crave money but set my desire and affection on You. For you have said never will I leave you nor forsake you. Therefore I repel worry and anxiety but put my trust in You, causing me to enjoy your goodness, faithfulness and blessings, in Jesus' Name. Amen.
To sponsor print-version of BWJ kindly use this link https://selar.co/showlove/stanley

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE DAUGHTER OF JEZEBEL introduction

BREAKFAST WITH JESUS

THE POWER OF LOVE introduction

BREAKFAST WITH JESUS

THE POWER OF LOVE chapter 2 episode 2