BREAKFAST WITH JESUS

BREAKFAST WITH JESUS

A daily devotional
Pastor Stanley
20th OCTOBER 2023

IT SHOULD BE OF VALUE TO YOU

2 Samuel 24:24 But the king replied to Araunah, "No, I insist on paying you for it. I will not sacrifice to the LORD my God burnt offerings that cost me nothing." So David bought the threshing floor and the oxen and paid fifty shekels of silver for them.(NIV)

When it comes to giving there are those whose hands are tight-fisted even when it is giving in the house of God.
They are never comfortable when it's time to give or talk of giving is mentioned. And when they are eventually persuaded to give they give what doesn't cost them anything.

In the above verse, King David said "I will not sacrifice to the LORD my God burnt offerings that cost me nothing."
To him if it cost nothing it doesn't have any value. If it will be of value it has to cost something.

What you give to others and in the house of God should be of value to you. 
There are those when they want to give they search their house for those things they don't need anymore. The things they now considered as dump, instead of taking them to garbage they give them out to neighbours. But that's not giving because it has no value even to the giver. 

When you give give well. Your giving represents you. Imagine you accept this as true; your giving represents you. Then you will change your attitude towards giving. Give meaningfully in the house of God and to others. 

Let what you give speak of your value. Don't give what doesn't have value to you. When you give valuably you will also receive valuably. Hallelujah!

PRAYER

Father I thank You for the privilege and blessing to give in your house and to others. I redefine my giving today. I give with greater value. I give to represent my value. I give generously to God's course and to every good course, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE DAUGHTER OF JEZEBEL introduction

BREAKFAST WITH JESUS

THE POWER OF LOVE introduction

BREAKFAST WITH JESUS

THE POWER OF LOVE chapter 2 episode 2