BREAKFAST WITH JESUS

BREAKFAST WITH JESUS


A daily devotional

Pastor Stanley

27th DECEMBER 2023


LOVE -- A CONTINUOUS DEBT


Romans 13:8 Let no debt remain outstanding, except the continuing debt to love one another, for whoever loves others has fulfilled the law. (NIV)


Love is a debt which we will never finish paying and can't stop paying. Loving is beyond willingness, want or convenient. You are not going to love others because you are willing to or want to or convenient for you. No! But because it is a debt and there is a law or command that says you must pay it. 


John 13:34 "A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another.


Loving people is not about what is convenient for you or what you want but what God commands. Jesus said "...As I have loved you, so you MUST love one another." 

How did he love us? He loved us beyond Himself. John 15:12-14 My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends. You are my friends if you do what I command.


He said we must love another. He didn't say we should love only those we deem loveable or convenient for us to. But that we should lay down our lives for others just as He did for us. Because we owe love to everyone. Love is a law. 


Love is a law, whoever loves fulfill that law. Love is a legal debt we owe our world and those in our world. Endeavour to love others. Romans 13:8 Let no debt remain outstanding, except the continuing debt to love one another, for whoever loves others has fulfilled the law.


PRAYER


Thank You Father for pouring out your love into my heart to share. Through the working of the Holy Spirit in my life I live a life of love. I am helped by the Spirit to love my world and everyone in my world, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

To sponsor print-version of BWJ kindly use this link https://www.paypal.com/donate/?hosted_button_id=69A949GVFTWZC

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE DAUGHTER OF JEZEBEL introduction

BREAKFAST WITH JESUS

THE POWER OF LOVE introduction

BREAKFAST WITH JESUS

THE POWER OF LOVE chapter 2 episode 2