BREAKFAST WITH JESUS

BREAKFAST WITH JESUS

A daily devotional
Pastor Stanley
17th JANUARY 2024

WE ARE HIS BROTHERS AND SISTERS

Hebrews 2:11-12 Both the one who makes people holy and those who are made holy are of the same family. So Jesus is not ashamed to call them brothers and sisters. He says, "I will declare your name to my brothers and sisters; in the assembly I will sing your praises." (NIV)

It is amazing how the Lord Jesus sees us. He says we are His brothers and sisters. Jesus made us holy, and we who are made holy are one with Him who made us holy. We are one family. This kind of family is not in the sense of unity, common purpose or agreement. It is a real family of brothers and sisters, where God Almighty is our Father. We are heavenly.

1 Corinthians 15:48 ...and as is the heavenly man, so also are those who are of heaven.
We are of heaven because we belong to Christ the One of heaven. Our citizenship is in heaven. Our family lineage is in heaven -- yes we have a divine ancestry. Glory to God!

Jesus is your Brother. Think about that! Imagine that you relate with Him in that sense every day. You say "Dear Lord Jesus My Elder Brother, I worship you today, thank You that I am joint-heir with you of God." 
If you live, talk and act in this consciousness how tangible the Lord Jesus would be to you! And how blessed you would be!

It blows the mind how Jesus calls us and relates us. If we call ourselves what He calls us we would literally live in the same place with Him even though we are here on earth.
John 20:17 Jesus said, "Do not hold on to me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father. Go instead to my brothers and tell them, ’I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.’"

What an expression that is! "I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God."
This means one day soon we too shall ascend to our Father and our God. Hallelujah!

PRAYER

Oh Precious Lord Jesus how glorious are the words you have spoken of me. How highly you have esteemed me not only in the sight of the world and Angels but also in the sight of God our Father who made all things. I am eternally grateful to be your brother in the same family and joint-heir with you of God! Hallelujah!
To sponsor print-version of BWJ kindly use this link https://www.paypal.com/donate/?hosted_button_id=69A949GVFTWZC

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE DAUGHTER OF JEZEBEL introduction

BREAKFAST WITH JESUS

THE POWER OF LOVE introduction

BREAKFAST WITH JESUS

THE POWER OF LOVE chapter 2 episode 2