BREAKFAST WITH JESUS

BREAKFAST WITH JESUS

A daily devotional
Pastor Stanley
9th JANUARY 2024

LEAVE THE PAST IN THE PAST

Isaiah 43:18-19 "Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the wilderness and streams in the wasteland. (NIV)

Nothing weakens strength and resist going forward like holding on to the past. Your past is past; it's in the past. Holding on to it will draw you back. Leave the past in the past, it's a new day for you!

When God wants to begin a new day with you; a new day means a new season He tells you to forget the past. Most of the time in the dealings of God one season is not an extension of another. So when He says "forget the previous season, look here I am doing a new thing." Fix your gaze on the new not the old. God always move on with His agenda, plan and calendar for our lives. When He is done with one He moves on to the next item on the list. 

That's why it's important you learn to hear Him because you would hear Him say "it's time to move on."
You have your past, everyone does. Not every past is pleasant, and even the pleasant past should not be held on to. Because a past is in the past no matter how beautiful it is, it's still in the past and can only draw you back. 

Hear what the Lord says to you today in Isaiah 43:18-19, "Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the wilderness and streams in the wasteland."

Leave your past in the past and move on with the Lord to the next phase of your life. 

CONFESSION

Father I forget the former things. I refuse to be held by them nor dwell on them. My past is in the past and I leave it behind, it's a new day for me. Because God is doing a new thing in my life, I am seeing and living in it. He is making a way where there was none and abundance where there was lack, in Jesus' Name. Amen!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE DAUGHTER OF JEZEBEL introduction

BREAKFAST WITH JESUS

THE POWER OF LOVE introduction

BREAKFAST WITH JESUS

THE POWER OF LOVE chapter 2 episode 2