BREAKFAST WITH JESUS

BREAKFAST WITH JESUS

A daily devotional
Pastor Stanley
11th MARCH 2024

LISTEN WHILE YOU PRAY

Matthew 26:41 "Watch and pray so that you will not fall into temptation. The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak." (NIV)

It is important to watch in the spirit in cause of prayer and one of the ways to watch is listening. While you pray listen from your spirit. If you were seeing a picture in the spirit until you hear a voice giving the explanation of such picture it might not make any sense to you. 

Prophet Habakkuk made a remarkable statement. He said he was going to stand at his watch and look to see what God would SAY to him. In his watching he was going to hear, and God actually spoke to him.
Habakkuk 2:1-3 I will stand at my watch and station myself on the ramparts; I will look to see what he will say to me, and what answer I am to give to this complaint. Then the LORD replied: "Write down the revelation and make it plain on tablets so that a herald may run with it. For the revelation awaits an appointed time; it speaks of the end and will not prove false. Though it linger, wait for it; it will certainly come and will not delay.

Even though he was watching he also listened. It was not what he saw that made the difference but what he heard. He listened and heard God. When you pray listen. It's not the picture you saw that matters but the voice you heard. Pictures without voice wouldn't make any meaning. 

Never be in a hurry to leave the place of prayer. Habakkuk said in Habakkuk 2:1, "I will stand at my watch and station myself on the ramparts; I will look to see what he will say to me,..."
If you hadn't heard His voice don't leave. Stand at your watch, station yourself and look to see what He would say to you. It is what you hear that would make the difference.

Make it a practice, and do it consistently. While you pray listen for His voice. Hallelujah!

PRAYER

Lord God I thank You for the privilege and blessings of prayer. As I pray I yield myself to hear your voice. I hear to do, I take instructions, directions, wisdom and commands in the place of prayer to act upon and produce remarkable results, in Jesus' Name. Amen.
To sponsor print-version of BWJ kindly use this link https://www.paypal.com/donate/?hosted_button_id=69A949GVFTWZC

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE DAUGHTER OF JEZEBEL introduction

BREAKFAST WITH JESUS

THE POWER OF LOVE introduction

BREAKFAST WITH JESUS

THE POWER OF LOVE chapter 2 episode 2