BREAKFAST WITH JESUS

BREAKFAST WITH JESUS

A daily devotional
Pastor Stanley
23rd APRIL 2024

YOUR SECURED LOT

Psalms 16:5-6 LORD, you alone are my portion and my cup; you make my lot secure. The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; surely I have a delightful inheritance. (NIV)

What the Psalmist is alluding in the above verse is actually a picture where land is being divided among the inheritors. Let us say, a father is sharing his landed property among his sons. They used a measuring line to divide the boundaries from one end to the other. The Psalmist said "my own boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; surely I have a delightful inheritance." In other words I got the best share.

In this world, things have been shared and are being shared. People chose what they deem the best. But for us Christians, our share is Christ. And He is a secured share. As a Christian it is important that you recognize that the Lord Jesus is your lot. And He is your secured lot. 

When the Israelites got to the promised land, every tribe received their share of the inheritance but for the Levites and the Priesthood, God said He is their share and inheritance.
Numbers 18:20 The LORD said to Aaron, "You will have no inheritance in their land, nor will you have any share among them; I am your share and your inheritance among the Israelites.

God says the same to you today. He is your share and inheritance in this world. He is your share and the world belongs to Him. All the good things in this world will come to you as well. The Israelites brought all the best of the land to Aaron and the Levites, even though God didn't give them inheritance in the land yet the best of the land came to them. You see that! Focus on Jesus your secured lot and the best in this world will come to you by free course. 

Psalms 16:5 LORD, you alone are my portion and my cup; you make my lot secure.
He is your portion and your secured lot. 

CONFESSION

LORD, you alone are my portion and my cup; you are my secured lot. The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; surely I have a delightful inheritance, Christ. He is my share and my inheritance. Hallelujah!
To sponsor print-version of BWJ kindly use this link https://www.paypal.com/donate/?hosted_button_id=69A949GVFTWZC

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE DAUGHTER OF JEZEBEL introduction

BREAKFAST WITH JESUS

THE POWER OF LOVE introduction

BREAKFAST WITH JESUS

THE POWER OF LOVE chapter 2 episode 2