BREAKFAST WITH JESUS

BREAKFAST WITH JESUS

A daily devotional
Pastor Stanley
8th JULY 2024

THE BLESSING IS IN DOING

John 13:17 Now that you know these things, you will be blessed if you do them. (NIV)

The Bible is full of the blessings God has for us, and the New testament especially is full of the glory and blessings that has been given us on account of Christ and all He has done for us. But not many Christians enjoy these blessings. 

Read for example Ephesians 1:3, it says "Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ."
Yet not many enjoy these blessings in full. Our theme scripture says "Now that you know these things, you will be blessed if you do them." -- John 13:17.

The blessing is in doing the Word. Hearing the Word brings you faith but doing it brings you the blessings. When you hear the Word it doesn't automatically bring you the blessings in the physical world even though it is real in the spiritual. What it brings to you is faith. It brings you faith to do what it says. And true faith is doing the Word. It is doing what the word says; that is, acting on your faith (what you heard and believe) that produce the blessings thereof. 

Doing the Word requires, first, a mental picture of what you heard and believe. Secondly, talking that mental picture, and thirdly, acting according to that mental picture. When you talk and act this way you might seem odd to people but that's how faith operates, and that's how to do the Word and have it produce results. 

CONFESSION

I do not only hear the Word; I hear to do. I think, talk and act the Word. And I live in consonant with the Word. I am what the Word says I am, I have what it says I have, and I can do what it says I can, for I live by its light. Amen.
To sponsor print-version of BWJ kindly use this link https://selar.co/showlove/stanley

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE DAUGHTER OF JEZEBEL introduction

BREAKFAST WITH JESUS

THE POWER OF LOVE introduction

BREAKFAST WITH JESUS

THE POWER OF LOVE chapter 2 episode 2