BREAKFAST WITH JESUS

BREAKFAST WITH JESUS

A daily devotional
Pastor Stanley
21st AUGUST 2024

WAIT EXPECTANTLY FOR HIM

Psalms 42:5 Why are you cast down, O my inner self? And why should you moan over me and be disquieted within me? Hope in God and wait expectantly for Him, for I shall yet praise Him, my Help and my God. (AMP)

If you waited for God on something you prayed about but didn't receive it at the time you thought you needed it then you would understand what David tries to express here. Within him (his soul) was cast down. That's depression but he stirred himself up by speaking to himself. 

It could be tedious to wait. If you ever waited on a queue for a long time you know how tough it is to wait. Waiting on God could be tough too, even in situations we know His time is not yet. 

Being cast down, depressed is not God's will for us yet there are times we find ourselves there. People may try to talk us up. But it is only our decision to get out of depression that would change anything. King David knew that; he spoke encouraging words to himself and declared "for I shall yet praise Him, my Help and my God."

If for any reason you feel cast down don't stay down, talk yourself up. Speak encouraging words to yourself and tell yourself how good God has been to you, all His blessings, grace and peace you have enjoyed. The next thing is to praise Him. You might not feel motivated to sing praises to God when you are down but don't listen to your feelings, do it anyway. As you praise God through it that praises will bring you out of it.

No matter how it is with you don't lose hope in Him. Wait expectantly for Him.

CONFESSION

I reject the spirit of depression. I refuse to be cast down or disquieted within me. I hope in God and wait expectantly for Him and my expectation shall not be cut off. I rejoice in the Lord and yet sing praises to Him while I wait expectantly for a change, in Jesus' Name. Amen.
To sponsor print-version of BWJ kindly use this link https://selar.co/showlove/stanley

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE DAUGHTER OF JEZEBEL introduction

BREAKFAST WITH JESUS

THE POWER OF LOVE introduction

BREAKFAST WITH JESUS

THE POWER OF LOVE chapter 2 episode 2