BREAKFAST WITH JESUS
BREAKFAST WITH JESUS
Daily devotional
Pastor Stanley
23rd SEPTEMBER 2026
THE POWER OF BELONGING
"I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing." — John 15:5 (NIV)
Beloved, to belong to Christ is to know your true identity. In the world, people look for belonging in relationships, institutions, or achievements, hoping that these will give them a sense of worth and security. But the New Creation was born into a completely different reality.
In this beautiful picture, Jesus does not say, "I am the manager and you are the employees" or "I am the boss and you are the workers." He says, "I am the vine; you are the branches."
Belonging to Christ means you are organically connected to Him. A branch has no independent source of life; it does not have to strive to manufacture its own sustenance. Its highest calling is to stay connected to the Vine, receive the infinite supply of divine life, and naturally express the nature of the Vine.
Notice the liberating truth in the second half of the verse: "Apart from me you can do nothing." This is not a word of condemnation; it is a word of freedom from the exhausting cycle of performance. When you understand that you belong to Christ, you stop trying to impress God with the works of the flesh. You realize that your standing is secure, and your assignment is to abide.
Exceptional results do not come from straining; they come from staying connected. When you belong to the living Vine, you tap into a reservoir that never runs dry. You live from a position of authority, power, and endless supply.
PRAYER
Father, thank You that I am not an orphan, but a branch permanently grafted into the true Vine. Forgive me for the times I have tried to rely on my own strength, my own wisdom, or my own performance. Keep me in deep, unbroken communion with You. Let Your life flow so freely through me that I bear abundant fruit for Your glory. In the mighty name of Jesus. Amen.
To sponsor print-version of BWJ kindly use this link https://selar.com/showlove/stanley

Comments
Post a Comment