BREAKFAST WITH JESUS

BREAKFAST WITH JESUS

A daily devotional
Pastor Stanley
10th FEBRUARY 2024

NOT A DENIAL OF FACTS

2 Corinthians 4:8-9 We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed. (NIV)

Some people trying to make positive confession deny the facts of what they went through or are going through. Faith is not a denial of facts. Confession is not a denial of facts. Confession is saying the same thing in agreement with God's word. The Greek word for confession is homologeo. Homo means the same. Logeo means to speak. Literally it means to speak the same thing in agreement with God. 

When we make confession of God's word it doesn't mean that we deny the existence of facts but we subject negative facts to the truth of God's word. Don't deny the fact that you were sick but got healed. Don't deny the fact that you were poor but become rich. Don't deny the facts that you had hard times but He brought you out of it. Don't deny your experiences just because they were not pleasant. Don't share a testimony of soft story and leave the hard story behind. They are both your stories. The hard and the soft story make up a true testimony.

Some people make unfounded testimonies. The testimonies that denied the facts of the troubles which God delivered you from are unfounded. Such testimonies weaken the hearers, because they would wonder if God had selected them alone for hardship. But it's there for every man, admit it or not there are hard times. And we need the hard times, otherwise we are not growing.

I love Apostle Paul's submission He said in "2 Corinthians 4:8-9 We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed.

This is a real testimony. This is a real confession. The Gospel is "I was blind but now I can see, I was lame but now I can walk, I was deaf but now I hear, I was dead but now I'm alive." That's why it is called "Good news." If everything was well, you wouldn't need Jesus. And if you wouldn't have hard times you wouldn't need the Holy Spirit. 

PRAYER

Father I thank you for all you took me through and all you are taking me through. I'm a Victor in you. Though hard pressed on every side, I'm not crushed; perplexed, but I'm not in despair; persecuted, but I'm not abandoned; struck down, but I'm not destroyed. I'm a Victor in you, in Jesus' name. Amen.
To sponsor print-version of BWJ kindly use this link https://www.paypal.com/donate/?hosted_button_id=69A949GVFTWZC

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE DAUGHTER OF JEZEBEL introduction

BREAKFAST WITH JESUS

THE POWER OF LOVE introduction

BREAKFAST WITH JESUS

THE POWER OF LOVE chapter 2 episode 2