BREAKFAST WITH JESUS

BREAKFAST WITH JESUS

A daily devotional
Pastor Stanley
28th MAY 2024

BORN A CITIZEN OF HEAVEN

Acts 22:27-28 The commander went to Paul and asked, "Tell me, are you a Roman citizen?" "Yes, I am," he answered. Then the commander said, "I had to pay a lot of money for my citizenship." "But I was born a citizen," Paul replied. (NIV)

During Paul's defence against the false charges of the Jews against him, the commanding officer handling the case ordered his soldiers to flog Paul but finding out that he was a Roman citizen did not dare to. But reported it to the commander. They respected his citizenship.

After finding out from Apostle Paul. The commander said to him " "I had to pay a lot of money for my citizenship." Paul replied "But I was born a citizen," 
Roman citizenship was the highest citizenship in his day and they were highly respected.

The same is true today. There are nations of the world whose citizens are given special treatment. There are citizens who enjoy better privileges than others. But our citizenship is the highest.

Philippians 3:20 But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ,

It's not when we get to heaven; we are now. We were born citizens of heaven. We are citizens by birth. And it's the highest citizenship with the highest honour, power and dominion. Live in the consciousness of this; you are a citizen of heaven. Praise God!

CONFESSION

Though I am in the world I am not of the world. My citizenship is in heaven and I eagerly await a saviour from there, the Lord Jesus. Hallelujah!
To sponsor print-version of BWJ kindly use this link https://www.paypal.com/donate/?hosted_button_id=69A949GVFTWZC

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE DAUGHTER OF JEZEBEL introduction

BREAKFAST WITH JESUS

THE POWER OF LOVE introduction

BREAKFAST WITH JESUS

THE POWER OF LOVE chapter 2 episode 2