BREAKFAST WITH JESUS

BREAKFAST WITH JESUS

A daily devotional
Pastor Stanley
7th MAY 2024

THE MOST EXCELLENT WAY

1 Corinthians 12:31 Now eagerly desire the greater gifts. And yet I will show you the most excellent way. (NIV)

Apostle Paul admonish us in this above verse to desire greater gifts of the Spirit, but then said there is the most excellent way. Simply mean, there is something greater and more excellent than great gifts. That most excellent way is love. 

The excellent way of life is love. Loving is the most excellent way to live life. Love is higher than every other call we might have received. Love is the highest call for a Christian. You cannot even fulfill any other call fully without love. If you were called and gifted with the gifts of healing you can't healed the sick if you don't have love and compassion towards them. Every spiritual gift is limited in its function without love. 

1 Corinthians 13:2 If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing.

No gift however great can replace love. If you are a minister and ministers with your gift to people and think that you are doing enough without loving them, you are achieving very little. Your labour and reward thereof is measured in love. Loving people magnifies your service to them. 

1 Corinthians 13:13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

The greatest is love. The greatest you can give to anyone is love. More than the gift you ministers, more than the service you renders show love. Love is the most excellent way.

1 Corinthians 12:31 But earnestly desire and zealously cultivate the greatest and best gifts and graces (the higher gifts and the choicest graces). And yet I will show you a still more excellent way [one that is better by far and the highest of them all–love]. (AMP)

CONFESSION

God's love is shed abroad in abundance in my heart. I have love to give. Much more than my gifts and service to people I show love. I have compassion towards those I serve with my gifts, I not only bring them the power of God but also the love of God. Through my labour with love I do more for the church and my world, in Jesus' Name. Amen.
To sponsor print-version of BWJ kindly use this link https://www.paypal.com/donate/?hosted_button_id=69A949GVFTWZC

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE DAUGHTER OF JEZEBEL introduction

BREAKFAST WITH JESUS

THE POWER OF LOVE introduction

BREAKFAST WITH JESUS

THE POWER OF LOVE chapter 2 episode 2