BREAKFAST WITH JESUS

BREAKFAST WITH JESUS

A daily devotional
Pastor Stanley
4th JUNE 2024

HE IS YOUR SHEPHERD

Psalms 23:1-3 The LORD is my shepherd, I lack nothing. He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he refreshes my soul. He guides me along the right paths for his name’s sake. (NIV)

David who wrote this psalm was a shepherd. He took care of his father's sheep and knew what it was to take care of sheep. He led out those sheep to feed on green grass and to drink water from streams. He protected them from wild animals like bear and lion. So when he said the Lord is my shepherd he knew God would do all of these and even more for him. 

Indeed the Lord Jesus is our shepherd. Think of your life as one being led by God through His Spirit who lives in you. He shepherds you in your walk through this world. He is responsible for everything you would have and become but you are responsible to follow Him as a sheep would a shepherd. 

Jesus is the shepherd of your soul. He shepherd you from within.
1 Peter 2:25 For "you were like sheep going astray," but now you have returned to the Shepherd and Overseer of your souls.

He shepherds and leads you from your spirit. It is with your spirit that you follow His leading. You won't see Him physically with a rod but your spirit is alive unto Him. 

He leads you with His word (voice) in your spirit. You may not hear Him audibly but your spirit hears Him inwardly. You only have to direct the attention of your spirit to His Word. 

John 10:14, 27 "I am the good shepherd; I know my sheep and my sheep know me — My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me.

The Lord Jesus is your shepherd He guarantees your needs, supply and protection. Your role is to listen to His voice and follow. The destination is His definition.

CONFESSION

The Lord Jesus is my shepherd, I shall not lack or want. He makes me lie down in the midst of abundance. He leads me in peace and prosperity. He refreshes me constantly, He leads me in the paths of rightousness for His Name sake. Amen Hallelujah!
To sponsor print-version of BWJ kindly use this link https://selar.co/showlove/stanley

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE DAUGHTER OF JEZEBEL introduction

BREAKFAST WITH JESUS

THE POWER OF LOVE introduction

BREAKFAST WITH JESUS

THE POWER OF LOVE chapter 2 episode 2