BREAKFAST WITH JESUS

BREAKFAST WITH JESUS

A daily devotional
Pastor Stanley
2nd SEPTEMBER 2024

REFINED THROUGH AFFLICTION

Isaiah 48:10 See, I have refined you, though not as silver; I have tested you in the furnace of affliction. (NIV)

Gold is rough and unattractive when extracted. To unveil its beauty it had to go through the refining furnace which burns out the rough and unattractive part of it. Same with anyone who would carry the most glorious things and blessings of the Kingdom of God. 

Even when one gets born again, that raw state still cannot carry the deep and precious things of the Kingdom. God had to work on him, refine him into a conducive state which can convey the essence of God. And one process of doing that is the furnace of affliction. 

Read again what God says in Isaiah 48:10, "See, I have refined you, though not as silver; I have tested you in the furnace of affliction."
Does He intentionally brings test and trials to us? No! The test and trials of life comes to everyone naturally but God takes advantage of them to refine and shape us. And when He's done we come forth as gold.

Job 23:10 But he knows the way that I take; when he has tested me, I will come forth as gold.

The raw gold is not admired only the refined gold. Everyone has that gold essence but unless refined the gold won't be seen. If you see a man who walked with God and his life is glorious don't think for a moment that he got there on an easy route. At times we look at people and think that they didn't go through as much as we did but truth is they might have even gone through much more than we did. 

When gold is refined you don't see on it the effect of the fire its went through. You see the glory of people not their story unless they tell you. Let God refine you through the trials of life. Don't jump out of the fire. If gold is your desire and destination in life then fire is your only passage.

CONFESSION

Lord you have refined me, and have tested me in the furnace of affliction. Keep on! You know the way that I take, when you have fully tried me I shall come forth as gold. Amen.
To sponsor print-version of BWJ kindly use this link https://selar.co/showlove/stanley

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE DAUGHTER OF JEZEBEL introduction

BREAKFAST WITH JESUS

THE POWER OF LOVE introduction

BREAKFAST WITH JESUS

THE POWER OF LOVE chapter 2 episode 2