BREAKFAST WITH JESUS
BREAKFAST WITH JESUS
A daily devotional
Pastor Stanley
26th AUGUST 2026
WALK OUT OF SICKNESS
Matthew 8:17 This was to fulfill what was spoken through the prophet Isaiah: "He took up our infirmities and bore our diseases." (NIV)
Christianity is living in the light of what the Lord Jesus has done for us. The Christian is not supposed to accommodate sickness in his body because Jesus took it away. The Bible says "He took up our infirmities and bore our diseases." So where does a christian get sickness from? From ignorance. He did not know that Jesus took infirmities and diseases to hell and left them there. Or he did not know that it is a now-reality. You can live in perpetual health. It starts with the word in our heart and then in your mouth.
Never allow sickness in your body. It's illegal and is not real. It is not real because it's not in the place where you are in Christ. There is no sickness in Christ where you live. The sickness a christian suffers is a mirage. Jesus took sickness away.
Someone might point to James 5:14 "Is anyone among you sick? Let them call the elders of the church to pray over them and anoint them with oil in the name of the Lord."
Here God is referring to the infants who could get sickness for lack of adequate knowledge because they just came in. But He doesn't expect His children to remain infants.
He said call the elders to pray for them. So who should the elders call when they get sick? God didn't say anything about that because elders don't fall sick.
You must grow up spiritually and refuse sickness in your body. Your body is not meant for sickness, but the temple of the Holy Spirit.
CONFESSION
The Lord Jesus took up my infirmities and bore my diseases in His own body. By His stripes I have been healed. I don't have sickness and I can't have sickness. I refuse disease and infirmity in my body. My body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in me, whom I have from God, I am not my own. I Glorify God in my body. Amen.
.jpg)
Comments
Post a Comment