BREAKFAST WITH JESUS
BREAKFAST WITH JESUS
Daily devotionalPastor Stanley
9th OCTOBER 2026
CREATED FOR MY GLORY
Scripture — Isaiah 43:7 Even every one that is called by my name: for I have created him for my glory, I have formed him; yea, I have made him. (NIV)
Notice what God does not say. He does not say, whom I created for his own glory. He says, for my glory. You were not formed to be the source of the light, but the vessel that carries it. A mirror is not diminished by reflecting a face — it is fulfilled by it. The moment you try to generate glory from yourself, you go dim; the moment you receive His and reflect it, you shine. This is why the same hands that formed you also made you: the workmanship and the purpose are His, and you were never meant to supply what you were only meant to display.
The important aspect is the name. Everyone who is called by My Name. In the very verse before this, He says, I have redeemed you, I have called you by your name, you are mine. (Isaiah 43:6) Redemption is what bought the name back; the name is what keeps you in His purpose. You were not formed for usefulness alone, and never for shame. You were formed, yes, even made — finished work — so that His glory would have an address, a voice, a body.
So the question today is not how heavy the vessel is, or how cracked. Treasure in earthen vessels is exactly the design — that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of you. Behold Him, and you will be changed from glory to glory into the same image. You are not trying to become somebody. You are becoming what you already are: called by His name, made for His glory.
PRAYER
Father, I thank You that I was not made for myself. You formed me, You made me, and You called me by Your name — and that name is not a title I earned, it is a redemption You paid. Let my life be a clean vessel for Your glory, in the ordinary and in the fire. Where I have laboured to be the source, forgive me; teach me to behold and reflect. Let what You are doing in me today be for Your glory, that Your Son may be displayed in my life, my home and my work. I yield to the Potter's hand, in Jesus’ mighty Name, amen.
To sponsor print-version of BWJ kindly use this link https://selar.com/showlove/stanley
Comments
Post a Comment